Everyone who has eaten biscuits knows that different types of biscuits have different characteristics. Different biscuits have different flavors and textures, and each cookie has a loyal fan base. Biscuits can be divided into soft biscuits and hard biscuits. Of course, there are many other special biscuits. In this article, we will look at the difference between hard and soft biscuits.
Hard biscuits use wheat flour, sugar (or sugar-free), oil as the main raw materials, adding leavening agents, modifiers, and other auxiliary materials. The surface pattern made by powdering, rolling, and baking through the hot powder process is mostly concave. The appearance is smooth, the surface is flat, generally have pinholes, the cross-section is layered, and the texture is crispy. Soft biscuits use wheat sugar and oil as the main raw materials, adding leavening agents and other auxiliary materials. The surface patterns made by cold powder process, powder rolling or non-rolling, molding, and baking are mostly convex, and the cross-section structure. It is a porous structure with a crispy texture.
Soft biscuit is mainly produced by soft biscuit production line. The main machine of it is soft biscuit forming machine. The soft biscuit forming machine can press the dough into different shapes by changing molds. It’s a very efficient machine, welcome to check our website to get more information.
Hard biscuit features
1. Form: The shape is complete, the pattern is clear or no pattern, generally there are pinholes, the thickness is basically uniform, no shrinkage, no deformation, no cracks, there can be a uniform bubble point, there should be no large or more concave bottom. Edible particles (such as coconut, sesame, sugar, chocolate, oats, etc.) are allowed on the surface or in the middle of special processed varieties.
2. Color: It should be brownish yellow, golden yellow, or the color of the variety. The color is basically uniform, the surface is shiny, there is no white powder, and there should be no over focus or over white.
3. Flavour and taste: It has the fragrance that it should have, no odor, crunchy and delicate, and does not stick to teeth.
4. Organization: The cross-sectional structure is layered or porous.
Soft biscuit features
1. Form: complete shape, clear pattern, almost uniform thickness, no shrinkage, no deformation, no foaming, no cracks, there should be no large or more concave bottom. Specially processed varieties can have edible particles on the surface or in the middle. (Such as coconut, sesame, sugar, chocolate, oats, etc.).
2, color: brownish or golden yellow or the color of the variety, the color is basically uniform, the surface is slightly shiny, no white powder, there should be no over-focus, over-white phenomenon.
3. Flavor and taste: It has the fragrance that it should have, no peculiar smell, crispy or crispy taste, and does not stick to teeth.
4. Organization: The cross-sectional structure is porous, fine and free of large holes.