Sandwich cookie, is also known as sandwich biscuit, is a delicious biscuit snack for all ages. Sandwich biscuits usually consist of two layers of biscuits, with a layer of filling between the biscuits. The filling is always cream, chocolate, jam, cheese, ice cream, peanut butter, and so on. Sandwich biscuits have the characteristics of being durable, easy to carry, and having various flavors. Chocolate is a kind of sweets made from cocoa butter and cocoa butter. It is not only delicate and sweet, but also has a strong aroma. Chocolate can be eaten directly or used to make cakes, ice cream, and more. Combining milky biscuits with mellow chocolate, chocolate sandwich biscuits are bound to be a very delicious dessert or snack.
How to make chocolate sandwich cookie at home?
It’s very easy to make chocolate sandwich cookie at home. Let’s see what should you prepare first. Low-gluten flour, butter, cocoa powder, yolk, chocolate, and sugar powder.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder.
- 80g butter (no need to soften) cut into small pieces and place on flour.
- Use your fingers to mix the flour and diced butter and knead repeatedly. Knead until the butter and flour are completely integrated, showing a coarse corn flour state.
- Put the powdered sugar into the butter flour and mix well.
- Add egg yolk.
- Rub repeatedly with your hands. Blend egg yolks and flour butter. It will be dry and loose at first. Knead until the flour is completely wet and you can form a dough.
- Shape the dough into square strips. The cross section is approximately 3cm * 2cm. Freeze the dough for about half an hour until it is completely frozen and hard.
- Take out the frozen hard dough and use a knife to cut into 0.3CM thick slices, about 30 pieces can be cut. At the same time preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the cut cookie dough on a baking sheet, leaving enough space between each cookie. Then place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 13 minutes. Let cool.
- Let’s make sandwich ingredients during the process of drying cookies. Cut the dark chocolate and 20g of butter into small pieces, put them in a small bowl, heat them with water and stir continuously until they are completely dissolved.
- While the chocolate filling is not setting, spread it on a piece of cooled biscuit and cover with another biscuit. Let stand until the chocolate filling solidifies and the chocolate sandwich biscuits are ready.
Tips while making
- The quality of the cocoa powder and dark chocolate determines the taste of this cookie. Don’t choose chocolates with nuts.
- When taking out long slices of frozen dough, the cookies are prone to microbending. If you rush to press flat, the crackers are easy to break. You can leave it at room temperature for a while and then cut it, or put it in the oven for one minute to soften it and press it lightly with your fingers to make the cookies fit more closely with the baking sheet.
How does a sandwich biscuit making machine make chocolate sandwich cookie?
The sandwich biscuit machine spreads the filling on the lower biscuit first, and then presses the upper biscuit on the filling, and gently compacts to form a sandwich biscuit. Sandwich biscuit making machine is mainly composed of sandwich pump, sandwich filling machine and indexing equipment. This machine is used together with biscuit forming machine.